Search This Blog

Friday 23 December 2011

South African Blog Awards

Thanx to my absolutely awesome (career) coach, Chris Mugno and his connections, I managed to score myself four invites to the South African Blog Awards. The ceremony was held on Saturday, the 10th of December at Crystal Towers Hotel, Canal Walk, beautiful venue!

I was surprised by the intimacy of it all but I’m sure that it’ll grow as the blogging trend does the same. There are many blogs I would have loved to see nominated and I think there is also room for growth with regards to the categories. Unfortunately, my favourite blog, Superficial Girl didn’t scoop the award in it’s category for best fashion blog, sadly losing to Kim Gray who won the same award last year.
I’m not sure what the criteria is for this category, but if you have checked out good international fashion blogs such as, “Karla’s Closet”, “Atlantic Pacific’, “Chictopia”, “Brooklyn Blonde” or “Late Afternoon” you would agree that maybe Superficial Girl should have taken it this time ('cause it's on par)? Just maybe?
Props to Kim Gray though, her blog is amazing blog and can keep you lost in it hours on end!

Entertainment was in the form of comedian, Mamello, Mum-Z Mokoena (I laughed till I cried) and cocktails were courtesy of FineBrandies. A wonderful night it was...

Much Love
Zee (Twitter: @Zeezilz)












LOL, LMAO, ROTFL....it's Mum-Z









Fashion blogger, Carlinn--------superficialgirls.com


Images via "Fine Brandy. By Design"

And now for some pics I took...









That's me, Tweeting away #sablogawards



And Best Overall Blog went to... RangerDiaries.com, who also won Best Environmental Blog


1 comment:

  1. GREAT post Zee,I love the chick in the coral blazer.Love her blazer,if she is reading this please call me:-)

    ReplyDelete