Search This Blog

Saturday 17 March 2012

Glamour Stiletto Run

So while I was busy going throug my Twitter timeline earlier this week I bumped into this little challenge in the form of the Glamour Magazine Stiletto Run. Since I had already been training for Run Jozi ,I decided to sign up, so every day this week, while I was on the treadmill (sweating bullets), I just pretended that I was doing this in heels...
After all of that let's just say that ...well, it's a lot more difficult in reality...uneven pavments are not really 13cm-heels-friendly.

I take my hat off to all the winners, some people were pulling a Zola Budd on heels out there! As for me? Call me for any bare-footed runs in the future, I'll stick to walking in heels!





My "running shoes" for the day...












Heels being measured...I went way past the 7cm min mark!





















































The Finals: These girls mean business!


Winner poses for the camera


Celebrity race to round off the day







Overall a good event for a good course, I really had a lot of fun!
**Shout out to Lulu for assuming the photographer role for the day**
Wishing all the JHB and Durban participants the best of luck (details on the Glamour magazine website)!

Much Love,
Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment